Sunday, November 10, 2013

So Much Homework I Can't Even Deal

My options for tonight are:

1. Read and annotate The Sun Also Rises by Hemmingway for my AP Literature and Composition class (due tomorrow of course)

OR

2. Blog!

Hmmmmmm...

What's the deal with annotating anyway? I'm the type of person that if I read something I will retain it. Even stupid mundane details like the neighbor's dog's name and the year an insignificant war happened. All it takes is one read through and I'm good, it's in there permanantly. I am currently simultaneously reading 5 different books and I can recall the details of all of them except for the one I'm being forced to annotate.

I highly dislike annotating like what is the point? We have to turn in our annotations for my AP class and I don't understand why. It breaks up the reading, makes me understand the book less because I have to keep stopping, and it takes f o r e v e r . Like come on now, we're all taking several other AP classes with crazy workloads, we have college apps to do, sports, jobs, lives outside of school and ain't nobody got time for that.

If it's a matter of wanting to make sure we comprehend what we're reading just give us a test. I do phenomenal on book tests. And it's an AP class full of kids who care about their grades, if annotating works for them and it's the only way they can retain the information then they'll do it. The rest of us should not but subjected to this torture.

The boycott starts now!

Sike this is the first grade of the second marking period and I actually need to get started.

However I do this under extreme duress.

-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment