Sunday, November 3, 2013

Let's Revaluate


I never really realized the gap between people who have everything and people who have nothing in the world and it's really astonishing. On a small scale, such as my high school which roughly has about 5,000 students in it, it's mainly middle-class well off kids for the most part. 

But not always. 

I know one girl who got a brand new Jaguar when she got her license and I know another girl who works two jobs and is living with her ShopRite manager because she has nowhere else to go. It's really crazy. 

How unfathomable is it that one of the best places to live in America and one of the worst place are not only in the same state, but are 20 minutes away from each other!? Moorestown, NJ has time and time again been named the best place to live in America. Meanwhile, 20 minutes away, Camden, NJ has been named one of the most dangerous and worst places to live. That's actually really sad. 

How on earth did this happen, how did people let this happen. 

This put a lot of things in perspective for me. Currently, my biggest problems are finishing college applications, trying to pick a university to go to, and whether or not I should get the Marc Jacobs or Kate Spade purse because my Coach one just got a hole in it. And I'm genuinely emotionally invested and stressed out over this. First World spoiled Americans problems. 

If you're unfamiliar with First World problems here just a few examples:






If I was from a third world country, experiencing actual real problems, I'd want to punch me in the face.

Puts things in perspective doesn't it?

-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment